Ramkrishna CARE Hospital Provides OPD & IPD Services to patients those are seeking Bone, Muscle and Joint Care. Our expert team of doctors’ work together for treatment of Rheumatic Diseases.
Rheumatology is a branch of medicine devoted to the diagnosis and therapy of rheumatic diseases. Physicians who have undergone formal training in rheumatology are called rheumatologists. Rheumatologists deal mainly with immune-mediated disorders of the musculoskeletal system, soft tissues, autoimmune diseases, vasculitides, and heritable connective tissue disorders.
Many of these diseases are now known to be disorders of the immune system. Rheumatology is considered to be the study and practice of medical immunology.
When you have to consultation a Rheumatologist?
- Neck & Back pain associated with stiffness
- Tightening of skin over hands , legs, face , chest &/or abdomen.
- Systemic symptoms like prolonged fever,skin rashes , tiredness , recurrent oral ulcers , hair loss , photosensitivity.
- Dryness of eyes & mouth
- Fingers / Toes turning blue or white in cold conditions
- Weakness of muscles with difficulty climbing stairs, getting up from a lw position , combing hair etc.
- Pain, swelling &/or stiffness in/around joints, muscles , bones
RheumatologyDepartment offers expertise in treating following conditions:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Reactive arthritis (reactive arthropathy)
- Psoriatic arthropathy
- Enteropathic arthropathy
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA)
- Crystal arthropathies: gout, pseudogout
Systemic conditions and connective tissue diseases
- Sjögren's syndrome
- Scleroderma (systemic sclerosis)
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
- Mixed connective tissue disease
- Relapsing polychondritis
- Adult-onset Still's disease
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Microscopic polyangiitis
- Eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangiitis (formerly known as Churg–Strauss Syndrome)
- Granulomatosis with polyangiitis (formerly known as Wegener's granulomatosis)
- Polyarteritis nodosa
- Henoch–Schönlein purpura
- Serum sickness
- Giant cell arteritis, Temporal arteritis
- Takayasu's arteritis
- Behçet's syndrome
- Kawasaki's disease (mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome)
- Buerger's disease (thromboangiitis obliterans)
- Hereditary periodic fever syndromes
Soft tissue rheumatism
Local diseases and lesions affecting the joints and structures around the joints including tendons, ligaments capsules, bursae, stress fractures, muscles, nerve entrapment, vascular lesions, and ganglia. For example:
- Low back pain
- Tennis elbow
- Golfer's elbow
- Olecranon bursitis.
All Kind of joint injections and ultrasound guided procedure are done.
Dr. Shriyanka JainQualifications: MBBS,Diplomate in Internal Medicine(American Board Certified), Fellowship in Rheumatology from University of Connecticut, USA
Designation: Senior Consultant
Location: Ramkrishna CARE Hospitals, Dhamtari Road, Raipur