Dietetics at Ramkrishna CARE Hospitals
- Provision of adequate nutrition makes a major contribution towards improvement of clinical, biochemical, cellular and psychological status of the patient in the face of the disease process and the side effects of various treatments.
- Dietetics is about good eating practices which acts as a preventive and curative means and aids in a healthier life.
- Patients in Ramkrishna CARE Hospitals are met and assessed for nutritional status by the dietician on a daily basis.
For A Healthy Life
A nutritionally balanced diet in terms of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals, electrolytes and vitamins is essential for general well-being. It enhances the immunity of the person by providing daily requirement of nutrients to the body. Therefore, healthy eating habits go a long way in ensuring a healthy life.
Good Nutritional Status is essential for:
- Normal organ development and function
- Normal reproduction
- Growth and maintenance
- Optimum activity and working efficiency
- Resistance to infection
- The ability to repair body damage or injury